Aimed at contractors who work in food and drink manufacturing, the SPA Passport food and drink training programme focuses on hygiene and food safety, specific environmental issues and health and safety practices.
- To provide information and training relevant to the food and drink industry sector in respect of food hygiene, environmental concerns and health and safety so as to support the continued improvement of such standards throughout the sector.
- To understand the implications for cost, business, job security and risk of injury if concerns for hygiene, environment and health and safety are not properly considered.
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Compare injury incident rates across some industry sectors
- Understand the importance of training, awareness and good personal behaviour in reducing potential for harm
- Recognise the implications for cost, job security and risk of injury if areas of concern are not addressed and controlled
- Understand the three main areas of concern as food damage, environmental damage and people damage.
Module 1 – Food protection
Will give delegates an understanding of the potential sources and types of food contamination, sources and effects of contamination, safe working practices to eliminate or reduce risk, the importance of protective clothing and good personal hygiene.
Module 2 – Environmental protection
This module will give delegates an understanding of current and future environmental requirements:- impact of environmental damage, anti-pollution controls and proper waste disposal.
Module 3 – Health and safety
This module provides an awareness and understanding of the hazards to health and safety particularly relevant to the food and drink sector and the control measures necessary to such risks to continually reducing levels.